Welcome to the TriggerTime Members Forum!

Sit a spell, relax, and "shoot" the breeze
with other TTGC members on various topics.

To fully participate in our forums, just log in.

Non-members have Read-only limited-area access to this Forum 

Helpful Links

Florida Resident buying Long Gun in Colorado

Florida Resident buying Long Gun in Colorado

Anyone know if a Florida Resident can purchase a Long Gun in Colorado? 
I know the ATF posted a notice stating that it was allowed long as a States law did not specifically deny it.  Florida based the law on the old Federal law stating only contiguous states.  The wording based on the ATF notice would mean that you can buy a long gun from any state, but like anything its up to the FLL to choose to sell or not. 

I have my LWRC IC on order now for a while and its looking like they finally will be ready in December, So I can either have it shipped to my Florida Dealer and pick it up there when I fly back, or what I rather do is ship it to Trigger Time and pick it up here in CO.  Since I split my time between CO & FL, I keep my FL Residency for Tax and other purposes, and I have my FL Concealed Carry Permit which I prefer over the Colorado one

jh3428
Boot
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Florida Resident buying Long Gun in Colorado

Gun laws give me heartburn, but AFAIK any person 18 or older can buy a long gun from an FFL in any state in person. Definitely applies to Colorado, as noted in item 8 here.

<Image link>
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Malcom: "Jayne, how many weapons you plan on bringing? You only got the two arms."
Jayne: "I just get excitable as to choice - like to have my options open." -- Serenity

mamba
Forum Admin
Tactical Sniper
ranks
useravatar
498 Posts
User info in posts

I am in the process of setting up an LLC in Colorado to get my FLL and class 3 dealer license just so it will make it easier being a resident of Colorado and Florida.  This will at least allow me to have a small side business while also removing the wait time for sbr's and cans.  Hope to get all the paper work done in the next week or two depending on my travel schedule.  Then have the fun of waiting for the paper work to go thru and schedule the inversion interview.  But in the end it will be worth it.  But I am sure it will not be done before my new rifle Iis ready to ship.

jh3428
Boot
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

Best of luck to you then. Will be curious to hear how the process proceeds. I'm still interested in pursuing a C&R someday....when I have more play $ available to make it worth-while.

<Image link>
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Malcom: "Jayne, how many weapons you plan on bringing? You only got the two arms."
Jayne: "I just get excitable as to choice - like to have my options open." -- Serenity

mamba
Forum Admin
Tactical Sniper
ranks
useravatar
498 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: